Monday, January 19, 2009

So many bullets you'd think it was Feb 14, 1929

I really want to get in the habit of waking up earlier on weekdays so that I can make breakfast. I heart eggs, though every time I try to make an omelette it comes out scrambled, which probably just means that I don't have skills. But soft-poached eggs are great, and tea and coffee is great, and as soon as I get my own address I think that having a newspaper on the table with breakfast will also be great.

You know what else is great? Booze. Here are the cocktails and martinis I love:

  • Manhattan
  • Gin and Tonic
  • Gin and Ginger Ale
  • Jack and Coke
  • Margarita (on ice, not crushed)
  • Scotch and Soda
  • Dirty Martini
  • Irish Coffee
Bourbon is possibly my favorite kind of straight alcohol. Maker's Mark on the rocks, if you will, yes thank you. I also love gin, but drinking it straight is ridiculous. I will do tequila shots, though, if you all were wondering.

I know that you were.


Anyway, this is just to say that I just got a Twitter account this evening, in a bout of sickness and boredom. So far I'm enjoying it, the randomness of the whole deal is fun, and it's always nice to customize things.


So that's just a little more organization in my life.

Places where I am online
  • Blogger
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • DeviantArt

What are these places for? Blogger is for long-winded thoughts. Facebook is for, like, my face and personality. Twitter is for random blurbs (tweets? I'm not calling them that) and pretending that I am friends with Barack Obama, and DeviantArt is for all my art things (and none of my deviousness, there's nothing really devious about the place). Aside from that, I've got my own personal moleskine notebook for keeping all my random, often depressing thoughts in. And I've got miss Charlottesburg (my computer) here, which keeps all my drafts in her tummy. Er, RAM.


Things I am writing that are not dead projects:
  • Black Sheep, a graphic novel script about immortals who are the leftovers of bygone mythologies trying to get by in the modern world
  • The Tiger-Eye (working title), a fantasy/speculative fiction novel about a world where witches are real and face persecution
  • Secret of a Clockwork Mouse, a magical realist novel about a female magician in the 1920s
  • The Archer Almanac, an ongoing project of 365 stories about a small town in the United States
Each of these is still in their growing stages. Honestly, I need a retreat, somewhere with no internet access, no friends or people to talk to, no television. Just me and these four projects, so that I can finish at least two of them before the year is out. I know that I always say that, but I'm graduating, so it will be important to get to the point of being published.

No comments: