Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ready Set Go

I'm still past nervous and anxious and now I'm just ready. Like I said before. All nerves and tension are gone. My bags are packed, my iPod is charging, and my room is cleaned. It's sad all the things that I'm leaving behind. It seems like I'm only taking pants and t-shirts, which is sort of true. But I'm not going to look nice, and I think I'll look hip enough for England.

So I'm drinking some dessert wine and watching The Hours and wondering if I'll ever get any sleep tonight at all.

Next time I post it'll be from the UK, if all goes well. All I really need is for me and my suitcase to get through that 40 minute connection in Houston. For now I'm assuming that I will, and I'll get through customs and make the bus and get to the office on time and get to the American Studies office and get my box and have sheets and a bed and a room and time to rest, and be excited, and to be with friends, and to be in a new wonderful place full of possibility, total and untainted.

No comments: