Saturday, December 1, 2007

Frosted Windowpanes

Well, a few things have happened that truly signify the beginning of the Christmas season (the real Christmas season, not that one signified by the end of the Macy's parade; that's the Holiday season). First and I guess most important, it was my birthday yesterday, which makes me twenty. I would say that I was old, or that I feel weird, but pretty much everyone I know has already crossed that threshold, so I just feel like I've finally caught up. Anyway, I got some fantastic bottles of beer, a beautiful Neko Case record (Blacklisted), a cute self-portrait, and--the coolest thing--a dictionary of symbolism! We went out for drinks and it was wonderfully fun; there will definitely be pictures soon somewhere. Second, today is not only the first of December, but the first of Snowcember. Though technically we have already had snow this year, this is the small little fluffy snowflakes, that are covering the campus in a quiet whiteness. I'm incredibly excited for Christmas now, because it finally looks like Christmas. And finally, classes are over, and that's the most mind-blowing part. That's it? That's the semester? Just five days left? Just those five tests and then I'm off to Portland, then I'm off to England?

Well, in any case it's all wonderful. So much to look forward to!

No comments: