Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Live and in person

Happy Christmas, blogosphere!

As I had requested, my presents were few but functional, the idea being that any money that would typically go toward a perfect Birthday/Christmas would instead go toward trips and such through England. I did, however, score pretty dang well. I'm typing this to you on my newly updated, fast, sexy, amazing Mac OS 10.5!!!! The interface is gorgeous, and it runs pretty smoothly, though I'm wondering how much it would take to convince the 'rents to help me out in getting another 1 GB of memory, which would make this thing go like lightning but cost $150. For now, though, I'm happy just to have it; I've been drooling over the system ever since it was announced earlier this year and now I can't say I can complain, though I'm sure there'll be wrinkles to smooth out eventually. But a new OS to show off to people!! Updated happy lappy!

Aside from that, the gettin' wasn't extensive, but that's how I wanted it. Here's a breakdown:

  • An Herbal Tea making set
  • A new leatherbound travel journal
  • A travel alarm clock
  • Hair sculpting wax that's 500 times better than my pomade
  • A bunch of candy
  • An international plug converter
  • A security...wallet...belt....from....R.E.I......(also known as a fanny pack)
  • 50 Pounds
  • 50 Euro
  • 50 Dollars
  • 50 dollar gift card to Target
  • 30 dollar gift card to Borders
  • 10 dollar gift card to Starbucks
  • Razor blades
  • Carmex
  • A deck of Mucha-illustrated playing cards
  • A STICK calendar
  • Altoids

So yeah, no clothes, but I have tons of those...and I can get them from Target.  The only thing that made me go "Umm....what?" was the fanny pack, because it was a fanny pack.  That my dad was really excited about for some reason, because he figured it would be a great way to carry money, because people never use bags? or purses? I might take off the belt (ugh) part of it and use it as a passport/important documents/stuff that is small and flat and paper and valuable carrier.

But today is Christmas.  Christmas in my house means getting up, getting excited, playing with whatever new stuff you got, then being lazy for the rest of the day.  Of course, we enjoy getting up at 8 or even 10 o'clock, usually.  But for some reason this year my dad started making coffee at 6:30.  In this part of the northern hemisphere, it's still dark at 6:30.  But did we stay asleep? Noooooo.  So now it's only 11:20, and I feel exhausted, and desperately want to take a nap.  I just might.  Christmas, as I see it, is a day of relaxing.  

No comments: