Monday, June 30, 2008

Communism was just a red herring.

So today in the mail I got this:


Which on the back means this:


I didn't take it personally, of course. It was eleven in the morning, hardly a time to get angry, so I poured a Mirror Pond Pale Ale into a frozen glass and topped it off with a generous amount serving of golden rum, and went on Craigslist.

After avoiding the initial temptation to let someone harvest my eggs for six grand, I sent emails to a couple of charity organizations, a hotel and the SAT tutoring service. I have an interview with the charity people tomorrow; they might just pay me ten clams an hour to stand on a street corner and try to get people's signatures.

A couple hours later the doorbell rang, and a man from the DNC was standing there, ready to take my money. I told him that I had hardly anything in that area to give him, however, I was looking to get a job. So he wrote my name down and now I'm going to see them tomorrow, too.

All of this is because, before I go to Seattle, I have to get a job otherwise I'm heading back to Oak's Park, where the misery never ends.

No, it's not a completely miserable job. I just want something that makes my brain work.

Last night I was in Target, and scored one of the finest movies ever, for a mere $5.50!



That's right, Clue. It's one of the ultimate lazy day movies, entertaining but not thought-provoking, but not in a gross-out sort of way either. I would put up a full explanation as to why, but I think that should come at a later time, along with explanations for the other sorta-bad-but-still-fun movies that I love but would never, ever say that I loved in film class: Josie and the Pussycats, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, The Mummy, The Great Muppet Caper, and The Rocketeer.

Oh, and I had a writing workshop that I went to on Saturday. I wasn't, in my opinion, worth the money that I thought it should be worth (less), but at least it gave me something to do, e.g. walk around downtown in 100-degree heat.

No comments: