Monday, August 18, 2008

Bela Karole should be at my family reunion making hot dogs

Which would be awesomer than awesome.

Though I gotta say: hey y'all judges, stop screwing over us American girls. I mean, we already have a pretty well-founded idea that maybe, just maybe those Chinese girls who look like they're 12 (and there are records of competitions which show that yeah, they're younger) shouldn't have been competing. Let them come back for the gold in London, when they're as old as all the other girls that they're competing against.

I just have such a thing for Nastia Liukin, not just like a thing-thing but because her uneven bars routine is the closest thing to ballet that you can get on the event (as is her balance beam and her floor exercise). And it's good--it was 16.9 good in the team, which is the closest to perfect in the whole competition. In my opinion, that's enough to merit the individual medal, and when you tie with the Chinese gymnast, Kexin He, and the tie-breaker works against you even when your average score was the higher of the two. Fuck the computer tie-breaker. She got robbed.

I wish I was a dude so I could hit on Yelena Isabayeva (pole vaulter, Russia). "Honey, you can vault my pole aaanytime". God I love her uniform. It shows her abs and I like those abs. She vaulted 5.5 meters. I'm only 5'6".

I done that math. Werd.

No comments: