Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Let's see what Picture Picture has for us today

Here we go: pictures, captions. Life as a photo. Hooraaaaaaaaay.



After months of difficulty, I was finally able to perfectly flip an omelette. I mean, look at that shit. and that's nothing compared to what's in it: egg whites, cumin, salt, pepper, oregano, jack and cheddar cheese, and a slice of avacado right in the middle. Behold!



This here is one result of a shopping trip today: conté crayon! In sanguine, not sepia! The color that I wanted! Not only that, but it's not a bad picture. It's called Tightrope, and you can see a better resolution image of it over here, at my DeviantArt page.

There you go! Pictures pictures pictures. Except that I have one more beauty to show you all: the cover to Bits of Paradise, a book that I was excited to find (for cheap) at Powell's, that's a collection of F. Scott and Zelda Fitgerald's short stories, which all seem either very silly or very sad. Also, I love Zelda Fitzgerald in all her craziness, and it's been nearly impossible for me to get a hold of Save Me The Waltz, or at least a poster of the front cover (please, Gods of Publishing, reprint that book. It is such a loverly book), so I'm tickled to have her on my bookshelf. Anyway, here's the cover, painted by Charles Moll, in 1972:
Apparently, Zelda Fitzgerald invented hairspray. I'm sorry that the resolution is too poor to properly show you Scott's blue-and-teal polka dot tie.

No comments: