Monday, June 22, 2009

Lovely Painting Break

I'm wasting my evening watching The Da Vinci Code on TNT, which means that I'm watching a combination of watching the movie itself and late-night infomercials, for things such as "Ultimate Love Songs" (in two volumes!) and RePhresh, which relieves "feminine odor and itch...forever!" (use it after your period! Rephresh! After intimacy! REPHRESH! After doucheing! REEEEEEPHRESH!)

And I should say right now that I enjoy watching The Da Vinci code, not because it's particularly good, but because it relies heavily on something I loved as a youth: hostorical re-enactments with narration. I grew up with The History Channel before it was all about technology, and The Discovery Channel when it was more about haunted places and less about blowing things up. And it's impossible for me to hate anything to have to do with Tom Hanks. Oh, and there's a little of this in it:

Anywho, here's what it led me to: a lovely painting of The Penetent Magdelene, as painted by Francesco Hayez:

Now I'm back to discovering the secret codes of stuff and learning where to call to meet lots of local singles!

No comments: