Thursday, June 4, 2009

Summer Reading Reviews: A quick update before going back into it

Fact is, I've already got plenty of the reading done, it just depends on the energy I have and the time I have to review the books, as well as have other ones waiting in the wings to finish. So, in a way of keeping myself organized, here's a list of the books, and how they're coming along:

Already Read:
J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury
James Baldwin, Go Tell It On The Mountain
Lauren Groff, The Monsters of Templeton


Currently Reading:
Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita
Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveler's Wife
Anne Sexton, Selected Poems


Still to Read (presumably):
Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man
William Faulkner, As I Lay Dying
Thomas Mann, The Magic Mountain
Larry McMurtry, The Last Picture Show
D.H. Lawrence, Lady Chatterley's Lover


There are still a half dozen other books on my bookshelf which I will probably try to stick my nose in at some point, as well as other works that I haven't read (one, for example, is Glen David Gold's Sunshine, a follow up to Carter Beats the Devil, which I loved). So we'll see where we go from there, right now my goal is to have twelve more reviews up here by the end of summer.

No comments: